Last revised: 16/04/2019
The information we collect As a visitor to Essity's network of websites you are asked to provide us with personal information on various occasions. This could be, for example, when you take part in competitions, become a member in a customer club, order product samples or request information about Essity. The type of information we collect for these purposes is typically your name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address, and sometimes even your personal identification number. How is information used?
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- to be able to offer safe and simple use of our websites
- to be able to communicate, by means of electronic mail or otherwise, with you in connection with competitions, membership and other interactive offers
- to be able to provide you with information about Essity products and our products
- to be able to offer you marketing and advertisements which we think you will find interesting Which information must you provide?
A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to a web reader from a web server on the website you are visiting and is stored on the hard disk of your computer.
Cookies are commonly used to:
Settings in your own web browser allow you to decide whether to accept or reject that cookies are stored on your computer's hard disk. If you choose to not have your web browser accept cookies the use of the website may be somewhat limited. Information about how to set your web browser to reject cookies, or to alert you every time a cookie is offered, is found in the help section of your web browser. If you want to erase the cookies that already have been placed on your computer they generally are to be found in folders named "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files".
Transparent GIF files
Transparent GIF files (also called web beacons or website pixels) are used to handle the online advertising measurements. The files are used to identify a cookie on your hard disk. The information is used when analysing what ads most people find interesting.
To be able to administrate the website in an efficient and secure manner, we collect and store IP addresses during a limited period of time. The IP address is a unique number which makes it possible to identify a visitor's connection to the Internet and it is automatically reported by your web browser each time you view a website.
Our websites include links to the other sites on the Internet. We cannot take responsibility for how personal data is handled by those external websites. We therefore urge you to look closely at each external website's policy for dealing with personal information.
Who has access to my personal information?
Essity is the sole owner of the personal information, which we collect. We do not sell personal information to any company. In certain circumstances however we do share personal information with our co-operation partners both inside and outside the EU.
Examples of occasions on which we would share information in this way are:
Security and secrecy
Protection for personal data and personal integrity is a high priority within Essity. We carefully protect personal information from unauthorised access, loss or distortion. Amendments to this policy Essity will update and change this policy from time to time. We thus recommend that when you visit our websites, you check regularly if any amendments have been made before you provide any personal information to us.
- Identify your computer (e.g. to make it easier to log in or choose the appropriate language)
- Count the number of users to different websites
- Trace the interest in certain offers, clubs and competitions
- Measure the traffic patterns on our websites
- In relation to marketing purposes when personal information is processed together with information concerning, for example, demography, interests and habits.
- In information and advertising campaigns, personal information may be shares with companies which whom we co-operate and who help us during the campaign.
- For the purpose of fulfilling our commitments to share information with our suppliers, distributors, retailers and news agencies.