New Cushelle tissues, so soft, yet strong and washing machine resistant
It can be a bit tiresome having a cold, and pregnancy can make your symptoms seem a whole lot worse. As if you didn’t have enough to deal with, a cold during pregnancy is something you really could do without! But there’s no need to worry, because there’s plenty that you can do. With our top tips and cold remedies for pregnant women, having a cold while pregnant doesn’t have to be stressful.
What to do about being pregnant with a cold
While having a cold while pregnant isn’t a massive deal, if you can avoid getting a cold during pregnancy that’s always good. Here are some steps you can take to lower your risk:
- Get plenty of rest.
- Be vigilant about hand washing.
- Avoid people who are sick where possible.
- Reduce stress.
- Eat healthily.
- Exercise safely.
In addition to helping you lower the risk of getting a cold, these steps will also help you stop the spread of germs, and get better quickly. As well as taking your own precautions you should consult your doctor before you take any medications – and if you feel that being pregnant with a cold is causing you stress, or is more severe than you first thought.
Everyone can help stop the spread of colds. You can do your bit by carrying a packet of Cushelle Pocket Pack Tissues with you. They’re sensitive on your skin and super strong, making them ideal for catching germs.
Natural cold remedies for pregnancy
Now we’ve covered some steps you can take to help protect yourself, we can move onto cold remedies for pregnant women. You should always consult your doctor before taking anything new, and seek advice if there’s anything you’re unsure of.
Here are four of the best natural cold remedies for pregnancy:
- Get plenty of rest. Being pregnant is a good enough reason to rest, but catching a cold makes it even more important. That way your body has the best chance of dealing with a cold to help you feel better sooner.
- Stay hydrated. Again, like rest, this is vital at any time, but even more so when you’re dealing with a cold and pregnancy. Keeping your fluids up will not only help your immune system work effectively, it can ease symptoms like congestion and headaches too.
- Try honey and lemon. In addition to containing plenty of health benefits, the combination of honey and lemon with hot water will help soothe a sore throat.
- Make sure you’re getting plenty of vitamin C and zinc. In order to overcome the common cold you need to give your body as much support as possible, and zinc and vitamin C play a key role in that. Try eggs, yoghurt and oats for zinc, and oranges, berries and broccoli for vitamin C. Then, of course, there are supplements – just make sure you check with your doctor when taking anything new during pregnancy.
Now you know what to do to feel better with a cold, and have a handful of natural cold remedies for pregnancy, you should be able to handle one with ease when it comes along.