8 people found this helpful
Does your heart sink when your mum or dad asks you to tidy up your room? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. But imagine if it didn’t have to feel like a chore; imagine if it was actually fun! You’ll be amazed how easy and satisfying it is with our tidy bedroom ideas and downloadable tidying chart. Keep reading if you want to learn how to tidy your room – fast!
Plan out how to clean your room
It might be tempting to tidy up your room by hiding all your toys under the bed and stuffing your clothes into any drawer, but you’ll feel much more satisfied if you do a thorough job. Ask your parents what exactly they’d like to see in your tidy room and find out if they have any room-cleaning tips. Do they want to see all of the floor? Should you get your dirty clothes ready to wash? Do they want you to make your bed?
Write down what they say and use it to make a list of things you need to do. If you need some tidy bedroom ideas, here’s an example of what that list might look like:
- Put all toys in their places
- Throw rubbish in the bin
- Put dirty clothes in the laundry basket
- Fold clean clothes and put them away in my wardrobe
- Put away the pens, pencils, crayons and paper on my desk
- Make the bed
Once you’ve checked off everything on your list, you can declare your room tidy – so then it’s time to call your parents in and see if they agree!
Find out where everything goes
Knowing how to tidy your room starts with finding a place for everything to live. Here’s a good starting point:
- Clothes go in the wardrobe or the chest of drawers
- Rubbish goes in the bin
- Books go on shelves
- Pens and pencils go in pencil pots
If you’re not sure where something goes, you can ask your parents or an older brother or sister. Clever storage ideas are key when tidying up your room. Empty boxes of Cushelle tissues are great places to keep little things like toy figures, art supplies, jewellery, or anything you don’t want to lose – just make sure you label them clearly, so you know what’s inside.
Tidy up your room (and make it fun)
Knowing how to tidy your room fast will come naturally if you make a fun game out of it. Here are a few ideas for how to tidy your room without getting bored:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and see how much you can clear away in that time. If there’s more than one of you, why not make it a competition?
- Pick a colour and look for things of that colour to tidy away. When you’ve run out of things in that colour, take a quick break and move onto a different one.
- Put on some songs you love. Singing and dancing along makes tidying up go much faster! Or, if you’d rather, put an audio book on.
Keep up the good work
Knowing how to clean your room doesn’t end after you’ve done it just once. It’ll be much easier to do it next time if you keep looking out for things to put away. You can keep your game going by challenging yourself to find and put away 10 things every day before you have your supper, and you’ll be surprised by how much easier it is to tidy up your room when you’ve been doing that for a while!
Here’s the last of our room-cleaning tips: print out our guide and add stickers to it. Maybe, if you get enough stickers on the chart, your parents could give you a treat for your hard work at the end of the month – ask them!
Didn't find what you were looking for?