1 person found this helpful
New Cushelle tissues, so soft, yet strong and washing machine resistant
Overall, going away with kids is great fun – that is, as long as you know what to put on your family holiday packing list. A little planning and a thorough baby’s holiday packing list is all it takes to make the most of your time away – and avoid some of the squabbles. To help you get organised and take a weight off your mind, check out our handy holiday checklist with children.
What do I need on a holiday with kids checklist?
Before we get into the specifics of what to put on a toddler holiday checklist, it’s important to note why planning is so essential. Whether it’s boredom, illness or discomfort that unsettles your little ones, you’re going to want to make sure you have everything you need for every eventuality. Creating a detailed holiday checklist with baby’s needs will make things a lot easier.
Holiday with kids checklist: essentials
Let’s begin our checklist with a rundown of everyday essentials that should be on any holiday checklist with children:
- Clothing. Pack for all occasions and make sure you keep at least two changes of clothes in your travel bag.
- Food and drink. This is particularly important for the travel portion – it’s a guarantee that at some point you are going to hear, “I’m hungry!”
- Medicines. If the kids are prone to allergies, on regular medication or just have a bit of a cold, check and double-check that you have everything they need.
- Healthcare. Pack everyday items like paracetamol, plasters, insect repellent and sun cream.
- Dental care: Toothbrushes, toothpaste and toiletries.
Yes, you’ll probably be able to buy some of the items on this toddler holiday checklist when you arrive, but why risk it?
Want to know the fun essentials for a holiday checklist for families? Here are some ideas that’ll help keep your holiday moving:
- Books, comics and magazines.
- Headphones to listen to music or audiobooks.
- Colouring books.
- Pens and paper.
- A selection of their favourite toys – let them choose, within reason!
And bear these ideas in mind for a holiday checklist with babies if you’re taking a little one away:
- Plenty of nappies.
- Baby carrier.
- More clothes than you think – you’ll be thankful when the inevitable spills and messes occur.
- Bottles and sterilising equipment.
- Toys, dummies and anything that helps soothe discomfort.
- Day bag to keep with you at all times.
- Wipes and tissues.
Pack plenty of Cushelle tissues so you always have something strong enough to deal with baby spills. They’re soft, too: perfect for delicate skin.
Documents and cards
Even though you’re with kids or going on holiday with a baby, tips that apply to adults-only holidays are still just as important. Without the essentials you need, you’re not going to get very far. That’s why you want to add key documents and cards to your family holiday packing list:
- Medical cards.
- Driving licenses.
- Bank cards.
- Tickets. You can have the best baby holiday packing list, but if you forget the tickets, it might not end up being so useful!
Turning potential chaos into manageable, organised chunks, checklists are key to how to go on holiday with kids and remember everything you need. Once you put pen to paper and ask yourself, “What do I need for a family holiday?”, you’ll remember other items – and once they’re written down, you’re much less likely to forget something. Take the stress away with early planning and enjoy your family break.