5 people found this helpful
Looking for thrifty and fun kids’ bedroom ideas for small rooms? These exciting craft activities will not only brighten up your kids’ bedroom décor, but they’ll help with tidying too – win, win! Our monster shelf tidy and honeycomb storage box craft ideas are ideal if you are after creative and colourful kids’ bedroom ideas on a budget.
We recommend that a responsible adult does the cutting and hot gluing, while any little assistants take care of the painting and assembly.
Monster shelf tidy kids’ bedroom decoration
Short of kids’ bedroom inspiration? Reuse a Cushelle tissue box and create a fun monster who loves to gobble up small toys, stationery, hair bands and anything that clutters up your desk or shelf!
Takes around 1.5 hours
What you’ll need
- Empty Cushelle tissue box
- Soft Cushelle tissues
- Paint brush
- Wiggle eyes
- Using a pencil, draw a large open mouth shape with zigzag teeth on the top of the empty Cushelle tissue box.
- Get an adult to carefully cut the mouth out with scissors.
- Paint the outside of the box in a bright colour, but leave the teeth unpainted.
- When dry, paint spots all over the box in a contrasting colour and paint the teeth white.
- Scrunch up some soft Cushelle tissue into eyeballs.
- Lay the box on its side, and with the open mouth facing, glue the eyeballs to the top and add some wiggle eyes.
Your colourful and hungry monster is now ready to feed with all the clutter you have lying around.
Honeycomb storage box
If you’re after kids’ bedroom inspiration, our honeycomb storage box is an ingenious way of storing and stacking toy cars and tiny action figures. Take a shallow cardboard box or fruit crate and simply fill with a stack of empty Cushelle toilet rolls to keep small toys and cars tidy. This simple trick is a fantastic way of organising clutter, especially if you’re looking for kids’ bedroom ideas for small rooms.
Takes 1 hour
What you’ll need
- 2 empty Cushelle tissue boxes
- Empty Cushelle toilet roll tubes
- Sticky tape
- Paint brush
- Wrapping paper
- Glue gun
- Carefully cut the fronts away from two empty Cushelle tissue boxes.
- Next, cut one long side off each Cushelle tissue box, and then stick them together with tape to form a square box.
- Paint the box and leave it to dry. The kids will love this part!
- Place the box on a sheet of wrapping paper and cut the paper in a cross shape with scissors.
- Stick the paper to the base and sides of the box with a glue stick
- Carefully cut the empty toilet rolls in half with a craft knife. This bit’s best left to the adults!
- Get the kids to paint the toilet rolls in bright colours and leave to dry.
- Place the painted toilet roll tubes inside the box in a honeycomb arrangement and carefully stick in place with a glue gun. This bit’s one for the adults, but the kids can be in charge of art direction.
The best part? Once you’re finished, the kids will be so excited to put their marvellous creations into action, they’ll be tidying away their toys without even realising it! So brighten up your kids’ bedroom decor with these fun crafts, especially if you’re after kids’ bedroom ideas on a budget.