1 person found this helpful
There are so many fun and attractive ways to store toilet paper other than piling them up in a precarious tower in the corner of your bathroom. We’ve got a great toilet roll storage idea for you, to keep your toilet or bathroom tidy and stylish.
The even better news is that you can make these toilet paper storage solutions with empty Cushelle tissue boxes you’ve got lying around the house. That’s a double win for both you and the environment, because they’re cheap to make and involve recycling old packaging.
We recommend that a responsible adult does the cutting and any little assistants can take care of the painting and assembly.
toilet paper storage | storage basket
Toilet roll storage basket
Keep Cushelle toilet tissue paper tidy in this stylish pillowcase-lined string basket. This toilet roll storage solution looks good and is useful too – so that’s a double thumbs up from us.
Takes about 1.5 hours
What you’ll need
- 2 empty Cushelle facial tissue boxes
- Sticky tape
- Jute string
- Hot glue gun
- White pillowcase
- Sewing machine
- Cotton thread
- Carefully cut the fronts away from two empty tissue boxes.
- Cut one long side off each, then stick the two boxes together with sticky tape to form one big square box. The kids will love this sticky step.
- Take a roll of jute string and starting at the bottom of the square box, stick the string around the sides with a hot glue gun. (A responsible adult should take care of this step.) Continue gluing and sticking the string until you reach the top.
- Cut the bottom off the pillowcase. Turn it inside out, then fold the cut edges over and press with an iron.
- Place the pillowcase inside the box and fold the corners under to make a neat fit.
- Turn the folded edges of the pillowcase over the sides of the basket and pop the toilet rolls inside. And there you have it: toilet roll storage that wouldn’t look out of place in your local home store.
Now that you’ve got a new way to store toilet paper, all that’s left for you to do is decide how many to make. Happy crafting!