1 person found this helpful
Everyone knows that one of the best parts of Christmas gifts is the wrapping. Here we’ve listed all the Christmas wrapping tips you need to make your DIY Christmas wrapping paper dreams come true! Learn how to make your gifts look extra special with our jolly DIY Christmas gift box ideas, designed to get you – and the lucky recipient – in the festive mood. Let’s make this the best DIY Christmas yet!
How to make a Christmas gift box: Santa hat
This Santa hat gift box made out of simple materials you’ll find at home is as festive as it gets. Who needs to splash out on gift boxes when DIY Christmas gift wrapping is this fun?
Takes about 1 hour
What you’ll need
- First, cut open and flatten the empty tissue box. Draw around the template and cut out. Then, paint both sides red and leave to dry.
- Next, use a ruler to draw in the fold lines (following the template as a guide), and carefully score the lines with scissors.
- Then, fold the box into shape and glue the side tab.
- Now, take the sheets of toilet paper and tear and scrunch into balls. Glue some small balls around the base of the hat box and a large one to the top.
- Finally, brush the tissue with a little glue and sprinkle with sparkly silver glitter.
It’s a wrap! Your Santa hat DIY Christmas gift box is ready to be filled with festive treats.
The trim to your Santa gift box needs to be soft, fluffy, but still nice and strong! Choose a toilet paper that ticks all the boxes, like Cushelle.
How to make a Christmas gift box: Gingerbread house
Hansel and Gretel would be proud of this perfectly festive gingerbread-inspired gift box. You’ll have everything you need for this craft lying around the house, so roll up your sleeves and get crafting!
Takes about 1.5 hours
What you’ll need
- First, cut open and flatten the empty tissue box. Draw around the house template and cut out. Then, paint the roof sections red and the walls green, and leave to dry.
- Using a white pen, draw the windows and a door onto the walls, and scallop tiles to the roofs.
- Next, turn the house over and draw on the fold lines with a pencil and ruler (using the template as a guide). Carefully score the lines with scissors.
- Then, fold the house into shape and glue the side and bottom tabs – do not stick the top.
- Now, tear the toilet paper into pieces and scrunch into small fluffy balls and lines of snow. Glue to the roof and windows.
- Brush some glue along the top of the roof and sprinkle with silver glitter. Finally, carefully make some small holes in the top and thread with string.
A DIY Christmas gift wrapping idea that’s almost good enough to eat (but don’t)! These DIY Christmas wrapping ideas will have you thinking twice about buying wrap this year. Now that your DIY Christmas gift wrapping is sorted, it’s time to make your Christmas cards!
Get into the festive spirit with these amazing Christmas crafts! From loo roll Santa to a glitzy Christmas tree, find something your kids will love here.
Looking for fun and festive DIY Christmas card ideas? Here are some easy Christmas cards for kids to make and some kids handmade Christmas card ideas.
Looking for ways to have fun with your kids while teaching them how to recycle? Click here to learn how to make musical instruments from waste material.
Learn how to make homemade party decorations with bunting and piñata DIY birthday decoration tutorials. Click here for these party decoration ideas for kids.
Want to know how to fold a paper napkin? Look no further. Folding paper napkins is easy, even for kids, with our guides to folding paper napkin lotuses and cutlery cones.
Gift boxes are as much fun to make as they are to receive! Discover how to make a fun birthday party gift idea into something you’ll both love, here.