Springtime conjures up visions of bunnies with soft tails and chicks with fluffy feathers, so what better way to celebrate the season than with Easter crafts for kids that involve making those very things? Bring the freshness of spring into your home with these fun Easter craft ideas using soft Cushelle tissues and empty tissue boxes.
Ready to get going on your Easter crafts? Read on for tutorials on two fun Easter craft ideas for kids.
We recommend that a responsible adult does the cutting for these Easter crafts and any little assistants take care of the painting and gluing.
Finger puppet Easter crafts
Turn empty Cushelle tissue boxes into our fun finger puppets, making perfect Easter craft activities for kids on rainy days over the Easter holidays
Takes about 2 hours
What you’ll need
- Empty Cushelle toilet roll tubes
- Empty Cushelle facial tissue box
- Cushelle soft facial tissues
- Paint brush
- Black pen
- First, press down the sides of one end of each of the empty toilet rolls with your fingers.
- Then paint each toilet roll in a different colour – pink for the bunny, yellow for the chick and white for the lamb – and leave to dry.
- Next, cut open and flatten the empty tissue box with scissors.
- Draw some bunny ears, paws, chick’s wings and a beak on the cardboard and cut out.
- Now paint the different body parts and leave them to dry before sticking them to the painted toilet rolls.
- Next, tear up some soft Cushelle facial tissues and scrunch into small balls for the bunny’s paws, and large balls for the lamb’s ears, hair and body. Stick them in place with glue.
- Add some yellow feathers to the chick’s head with glue.
- Finally, use a black pen to add the facial features to the finger puppets.
Easter crafts: bunny garland
Our super cute bunny garland complete with soft Cushelle tissue tails is really easy and fun to make with the kids this spring. This is one of those easy Easter crafts for toddlers who love to paint.
What you’ll need
- Empty Cushelle facial tissue boxes
- Soft Cushelle facial tissues
- Bunny template
- Paint brush
- Needle or bradawl
- Carefully cut open and flatten the empty tissue boxes. Print the bunny template on paper and cut out. Then use the template to draw and cut out 10 cardboard bunnies.
- Use the template to draw and cut out cardboard bunny shapes.
- Paint the bunnies in different colours, and leave to dry.
- Tear and scrunch the soft tissue into small balls and glue to the bunnies’ bottoms. This is a great opportunity to have a giggle with your little ones!
- Make a small hole in each ear of the painted bunnies. Then thread the string through each of the bunnies one by one.
And there you have it, a beautiful bunny garland to brighten up your home during the spring… and summer… and autumn – the kids won’t want to take it down. A bunny’s not just for Easter after all!
Now that you’ve got a couple of Easter art and craft ideas, all you need to do is gather up your supplies (and kids!) and get crafting. Enjoy!
Do you have a question on this topic?Contact us
- 2 Cheap DIY Fancy Dress Ideas Kids Will Love
- 2 Craft Activities and Energetic Games for 4-Year-Olds
- 2 Creative Kids' Birthday Decoration Ideas
- 2 Easy Easter Crafts for Kids
- 2 Easy Ways to Make Wool Pom Poms
- 2 Mother’s Day Craft Ideas She’ll Keep Forever
- 2 scarily simple Halloween crafts for kids
- 3 DIY Cat Toys That'll Look Great in the Living Room
- 3 Garden Activities for Kids With Green Fingers
- 5 Lively and Fun Family Games for All Occasions
- Baby Activities: Play Ideas for Their First Year
- Beautiful Recycled Cardboard Wall Decorations
- Easy Painting Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- Fast and easy Christmas craft ideas to decorate your tree
- How to Make a Bird Feeder for The Garden
- How to Make a Magic Village Advent Calendar for Kids
- How to Make a Perpetual Calendar
- How to Make an Original Pencil Pot Using Toilet Roll Tubes
- How to Make Hamster and Gerbil Toys
- How to Make Paper Flowers
- How to make puppets for kids – the easy way
- Smart and Crafty Activities for 5-Year-Olds
- Surprisingly Original Toilet Paper Storage Idea
- The Most Creative Toilet Roll Crafts Around
Didn't find what you were looking for?