2 people found this helpful
Cushelle Quilted toilet rolls have 3 layers of cushiony softness. They are so soft, strong ...
With Father’s Day fast approaching, it’s time to sit the kids down and help them turn their creativity into some beautiful-yet-practical gifts for dad. These easy Father's Day crafts will not only recycle old packaging that you’ll have lying around the house, but these DIY Father’s Day crafts will also save money on present-buying. To top it off, they’ll make such thoughtful gifts that dad will feel extra special.
Ready to get started with your simple Father's Day crafts? Read on for two easy-to-follow tutorials.
When making Father’s Day crafts, we recommend that a responsible adult does the cutting and any little assistants take care of the painting and assembly.
Father’s Day crafts: phone holder & speakers
Using an empty kitchen roll tube and some paper cups, you can make a set of speakers for dad’s smart phone that actually work! How about that for Father's Day craft ideas that are useful, as well as fun to make.
What you’ll need
- Empty kitchen roll tube
- 2 paper cups
- Craft knife
- Cut the empty kitchen roll tube vertically in half with a craft knife.
- Paint the outside of the kitchen roll and leave it to dry. The kids will love to pick their favourite colours for this step.
- Next, decorate the painted kitchen roll with pens and allow it to dry. This is a great chance for little ones to really make their mark and personalise the present with their favourite shapes and colours.
- Carefully cut a slot in the middle of the kitchen roll tube with a craft knife, big enough for a smart phone to sit in.
- Take the two paper cups and paint the outside of both. Leave them to dry. All this drying time takes a bit of patience, but we promise it’s worth it!
- Place the end of the kitchen roll tube on one side of a paper cup and draw around it with a pencil. Get an adult to cut out the hole and then repeat on the other cup.
- Place the ends of the kitchen roll tube inside each hole in the paper cups, with the slot facing up. Et voila – phone speakers that really work. How cool is that?
Photo holders Father’s Day crafts
Our recycled Cushelle toilet roll tube photo holders are the perfect DIY gift idea for kids to give dad this Father’s Day. This is one of those perfect Father's Day craft ideas for toddlers who love to get messy with a paintbrush!
What you’ll need
- Empty Cushelle toilet roll tubes
- kitchen paper
- Craft knife
- Colouring pens
- Glue stick
- Small photos
- Carefully cut some of the empty toilet roll tubes down in size with a craft knife.
- Get the kids to pick out their favourite colours, and then paint the inside and outside of each toilet roll tube and leave them to dry.
- Take a sheet of kitchen paper and colour in sections with pens. This is where the kids can get really creative with their colours.
- Cut out shapes such as triangles, circles, hearts and rectangles with scissors. Ask the little ones to choose the shapes, and then you can take care of the cutting.
- Glue the shapes to the outside of the painted toilet roll tubes with a glue stick. Little hands will love this sticky step!
- Cut two slits in the top of each tube and pop a photo of the kids between them. You can bet dad’s heart will melt when he sees this wonderfully thoughtful gift.
Now that you’ve got a couple of Father's Day craft ideas, all that’s left is for you to decide which one you’re going to get started on first. These Father’s Day crafts for kids to make will be just as much fun to create as they will be to give. Happy crafting!